With years of progressive resort, hotel, food & beverage, and independent hospitality leadership, I pride myself on developing brand identities and cultures, while building service-driven teams who are inspired to exceed our guests expectations, and make lasting, positive memories. Further, I have years of solid success in sales & marketing, remodels and turnaround projects, and driving revenue and margins with existing, as well as new brands.
A theme I’ve witnessed across all positions held: reinvigorating existing businesses, and bringing them back to financial successes. I’ve done this through vigorous hands-on operations management, solid revenue management & cost containment systems, strategic partner and OTA negotiations, as well as creative traditional, social media, and cause marketing efforts.
On this year-long project in Asia (Guam), I reported directly to ownership and was responsible for business growth and redevelopment of the company. My primary directive was development of a strategic and sustainable marketing process to bolster declining Japanese “agent-based” business, while transitioning to platforms and systems which effectively captured the emerging Asian independent traveler (FIT) market.
Managed 30 direct reports and 350 employees, plus all daily operations and financials across a dozen Tour / Travel / Marketing businesses including: BG Tours (international sales), BIG Media (digital media), The Visitors Channel (4 multi-lingual television stations), Sandcastle Theater Guam, Sandcastle Theater Saipan, The Globe Nightclub, The Beach Bar & Grill, Tao Tao Tasi Island Show and BBQ, LinaLa Park, Ride the Ducks Guam, and the Big Sunset Party Cruise.
– 50% increase in service Net Promoter Scores (NPS).
– 50% increase in Y/Y Korean market penetration.
– 10% increase in Y/Y Japanese market penetration.
– Beat budgeted EBITDA for YTD 2018 in a declining market.
Rejuvenated the 696 room Hooters Casino Hotel while overseeing all of resort’s operations and 10 food and beverage outlets. Liaised between ownership and property management to develop and enhance branded elements, as well as service execution throughout a major casino and hotel renovation.
Developed and managed a team of 5 Directors, 10 Department Managers, and more than 400 team members. Oversaw and developed multiple national franchise restaurants including 1) The worlds busiest Hooters Restaurant (24 million in annual revenues), 2) The worlds biggest Steak & Shake Restaurant, 3) Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, 4) Caribou Coffee, 5) Pizza Hut.
– Used creative, strategic yield management and market analysis to increase room revenue by 9.1% in the 1st year.
– Increased non-gaming Net Operating Income from $2,207,000 to $5,104,000 (131%) in one year.
– Executed $20M property renovation while holding the role of Property General Manager and Owners Representative.
– Developed all sales, marketing, branding, and public relations to increase revenues DURING renovation and beyond.
– Developed new lifestyle brand property image that was relative and competitive in the Las Vegas Strip market.
The Golden Gate Hotel & Casino | The D Las Vegas Resort & Casino | Downtown Las Vegas Events Center
Reporting directly to the owner, oversaw operations for two major Las Vegas Casino Properties with 760 (combined) rooms, 15 food and beverage outlets, and the new Downtown Las Vegas Events Center. Solely accountable for teams in all non-gaming, hotel areas. My responsibilities included: Marketing, Hotel, Reservations, Food & Beverage, Engineering, Information Technology, Retail, Public Areas, and Valet.
Developed and directed a team of 7 Directors, and more than 600 employees.
– Beat budgeted EBTIDA and Revenue forecasts year-over-year for 7 continuous years.
– Worked with owners, architects, designers, and GC partners, to coordinate:
+ $40M renovation and re-branding of the 638 room, “D” Las Vegas Casino Resort (formerly Fitzgerald’s Hotel and Casino) and
+ $25M expansion and renovation of the 122 room Golden Gate Casino Hotel, a historic 109-year- old boutique property.
– Designed, wrote and trained all front & back-of-house programs, revenue management process, budgeting, and divisional forecasting systems, as well as operational procedures for all areas.
SCOPE: Exceeded planned objectives for this 65-acre resort complex including a 92 room lodge hotel, 272 suites, cabins and villas (condo-tel), full-service conference center, and 9 food & beverage and 2 retail outlets in addition to an indoor waterpark, and an amusement park.
Snapshot: Oversaw team of 35 managers and 400+ staff members.
• Streamlined labor and purchasing standards by developing needed systems and procedures.
• Ensured the resort was operated in a professional manner while maintaining costs and increasing revenues.
• Improved the quality of product through providing business training & employee development.
• Negotiated with HOA to redefine the original agreement between private owners and the company.
SCOPE: Managed 6 restaurants, casino beverage, nightclub/showroom, and banquets/catering.
Snapshot: Coordinated and oversaw team of 300 team members.
• Directed operations for 6 full, and quick-service outlets, including Joe’s Crab Shack and Starbucks.
• Managed budget and finances by monitoring cost controls and inventory while handling P&L responsibilities.
SCOPE: Managed Food and Beverage operations for 2 full-service restaurants, 3 quick-service outlets, casino beverage, property warehouse, group sales, and banquets/catering. Oversaw daily activities of 200 employees.